Serve up some fun with Herta!
Cooking time: 45 minutes
4 Herta Jumbo Frankfurters
80ml vegetable oil and 1 tsp vegetable oil
250g self-raising flour
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C or 160 ° C with fan (gas mark 4).
2. Wash and grate the courgettes, brown them gently in a pan for 5 minutes with 1tsp oil. Set aside to cool.
3. Whisk the eggs with the mustard and 80ml of vegetable oil. Add the self-raising flour and the cooled courgette and mix through well.
4. Line a large loaf tin with baking parchment and cut 2 of the Jumbo Herta into halves. Pour in 1 cm of the mixture and then position the halves horizontally along the length of the tin (to draw the mouth). Pour in a little more of the mixture to evenly cover the Herta and then place the last 2 Frankfurters lengthways in the tin to create the eyes. Finally pour in the remaining mix.
5. Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes, cover at the end of the cooking if the loaf becomes coloured before it is completely cooked.
Each serving typically contains:
- 1289kJ / 310kcal or 15%
- 1.9g or 2%
- 20.3g or 29%
- 5.3g or 27%
- 1.35g or 22%
of an adult's Reference Intake (RI)*
* Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
- Easy Lunch
- Fun parties