Herta and Mash Fishies
A fun twist on a family favourite!
- 720g potatoes, diced
- 100ml semi skimmed milk
- 6 Herta Classic Frankfurters
- 2 large tomatoes, finely diced
- 200g courgette, finely diced
- 1tsp vegetable oil
- Peel and dice the potatoes and place them in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil until they are cooked through and then strain and mash with the semi skimmed milk. Cover and set to one side to keep warm.
- Finely dice the courgette and tomatoes. Add the oil to a large non-stick frying pan and fry the courgette until browned, for the final minute add the tomato and stir through.
- Slice the Herta Frankfurters thinly and place into a microwave safe bowl, microwave on medium heat for 1 minute until hot.
- Split the mash potato between 4 plates and use it to draw a fish. Use alternative lines of Herta Frankfurter slices and vegetables to create scales and a single slice for the eye. Serve immediately.
Serve the remaining courgette and tomatoes on the side.
For children under 4 years, cut the frankfurter lengthwise and then into small pieces to prevent choking.
Each serving typically contains:
- 1407kJ / 336kcal or 17%
- 15.0g or 21%
- 5.6g or 28%
- 5.5g or 6%
- 0.91g or 15%
of an adult's Reference Intake (RI)*
* Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
- Easy Lunch