Butternut Squash Frankfurter Soup
Butternut Squash soup made all the heartier with Frankfurters...
- 1 Large butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 1 Large onion, diced
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 2tbsp Olive oil
- 1tsp Cumin
- 350g Pack HERTA® Frankfurter Classics, chopped
- 1Ltr Boiling water
- 1 Chicken stock cube
- Black pepper
- Greek yoghurt, to serve
- Basil leaves, to serve (optional)
- Place the squash, onion, garlic, olive oil and cumin with half the frankfurters in a large pan and gently sauté until slightly browned.
- Add the water and stock cube, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes until the butternut squash is tender.
- Blend the soup in a food processor until smooth.
- Season to taste with black pepper.
- Grill or fry the remaining frankfurters.
- Serve the soup with a swirl of Greek or natural yogurt, the grilled frankfurters and a few basil leaves.
Each serving typically contains:
- 1804kJ / 431kcal or 22%
- 17.0g or 19%
- 29.4g or 42%
- 10.4g or 52%
- 2.5g or 42%
of an adult's Reference Intake (RI)*
* Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
- Fun parties
- Movie Night