Cajun rice with frankfurters, quick and full of flavour!
- 225g Long grain rice
- 175g Baby corn, chopped
- 1tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 8 HERTA® Frankfurters Classics, chopped
- 1-2tbsp Cajun spice mix
- 1 Green pepper, cut into chunks
- 400g Can chopped tomatoes
- 150ml Chicken stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook rice according to the pack instructions, adding the baby corn 3 minutes before the end of the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large, deep frying pan and fry the onion, chicken and frankfurters until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the Cajun spices and stir until mixed in.
- Drain the rice and corn and add to the frying pan along with the tomatoes and stock.
- Cook for a few minutes, stirring until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Season with freshly ground black pepper and serve.
Each serving typically contains:
- 2550kJ / 609kcal or 30%
- 8.2g or 9%
- 24.2g or 35%
- 8.0g or 40%
- 2.4g or 40%
of an adult's Reference Intake (RI)*
* Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
- Movie Night
- Easy Lunch
- Fun parties