A wonderful taste of Italy but with a frankfurter surprise!
- 350g pack HERTA® Frankfurter Classics
- 350g Macaroni
- 250g Frozen peas
- 900ml Semi- skimmed milk
- 1 Vegetable stock cube
- 4tbsp Cornflour mixed to a paste with 3tbsp water
- 1tsp Mustard
- 100g Grated half fat mature cheese
- 8 Tomatoes, sliced
- salad or steamed greens, to serve (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6 and bake the frankfurters for 6-8 minutes, turning occasionally until browned and piping hot throughout. Cut into pieces and keep warm.
- Cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water according to the pack instructions. Two minutes before the end of the cooking time add the peas.
- Heat the milk in a large saucepan with the stock cube and bring gently to simmering point.
- Add the cornflour paste and mustard and continue to heat until thickened. Remove from the heat and whisk in the grated cheese.
- To assemble: drain the pasta and peas and add to the cheese sauce with the frankfurters. Tip into a large oven proof dish and top with the fresh tomatoes.
- Return to the oven to bake for 20 minutes until bubbling and golden. Serve with salad or steamed greens.
Each serving typically contains:
- 2173kJ / 519kcal or 26%
- 13.7g or 15%
- 18.7g or 27%
- 8.3g or 42%
- 1.7g or 28%
of an adult's Reference Intake (RI)*
* Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
- Fun parties
- Movie Night