Furter Fried Rice
Furter Fried rice, great alternative to a take away!
- 225g Long grain rice
- 200g Frozen peas
- 200g Frozen sweetcorn
- 1tbsp Toasted sesame oil
- 2tsp Freshly grated root ginger or 1tsp dried ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 350g pack HERTA® Frankfurters Classics, chopped
- Bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 - 2tbsp dark soy sauce (optional)
- Cook rice in a large pan of boiling water according to pack instructions, adding the peas and sweetcorn 2 minutes before the end of the cook time.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large wok or frying pan and add the ginger and garlic.
- Toss in the frankfurters and stir fry until cooked through.
- Toss the spring onions in the pan.
- Drain the rice and vegetables and add to the pan tossing until well mixed with the frankfurters and spring onions.
- Quickly stir in the beaten egg and stir fry until mixed into the rice and cooked through.
- Add the soy sauce, if using and stir fry for a couple of minutes before serving.
Each serving typically contains:
- 2445kJ / 584kcal or 29%
- 4.5g or 5%
- 28.9g or 41%
- 10.2g or 51%
- 3.2g or 53%
of an adult's Reference Intake (RI)*
* Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
- Movie Night
- Fun parties