Herta Frankfurter Fajitas
Create a sizzle with these spicy fajitas...
Serves: Serves 4 delicious fajitas
- 8 HERTA® Chicken Frankfurters
- 1tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1tsp Hot chilli powder (optional)
- 1 Onion, finely sliced
- 1 Red pepper, sliced
- 1 Yellow pepper, sliced
- ½ Lime
- 3 Tomatoes, chopped
- Handful freshly chopped coriander leaves
- 3 Spring onions, sliced
- 8 wholemeal flour tortilla wraps, to serve
- 100g Grated half fat Cheddar cheese, to serve
- 100g Shredded Iceberg lettuce, to serve
- Cut each frankfurter into 3 on the diagonal.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan until very hot.
- Stir in the chilli powder and quickly add the onion, peppers and frankfurters.
- Stir fry on a very high heat tossing until charred and sizzling.
- Squeeze over the lime juice.
- Mix together the tomatoes, coriander and spring onions to make a salsa.
- Wrap the flour tortillas in foil and warm in a hot oven.
- Transfer the frankfurters to a warmed serving plate and serve in the middle of the table.
- Let everyone stuff their own wraps with frankfurters, cheese, salsa and iceberg lettuce.
Each serving typically contains:
- 2642kJ / 631kcal or 32%
- 11.9g or 13%
- 26.0g or 37%
- 9.8G or 49%
- 2.5g or 42%
of an adult's Reference Intake (RI)*
* Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
- Fun parties