Put fun on the menu!
- 720g purple potatoes*, diced
- 100ml semi skimmed milk
- 4 Herta Classic Frankfurters
- 4 eggs
- 1tsp vegetable oil
For a fun twist to a breakfast classic, replace the mash with a slice of your favourite toasted bread.
- Peel and dice the potatoes and place them in a saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil until they are cooked through and then strain and mash with the semi skimmed milk. Cover and set to one side to keep warm.
- Slice the Herta Frankfurters lengthwise almost all the way and then form a heart securing the ends with a toothpick. Heat the vegetable oil in a large heavy based non-stick pan and then add the four Herta Frankfurters. Crack the eggs into the centre of each heart and fry on a low heat until cooked. Remove the toothpicks.
- Finally divide the mashed potato onto the centre of four plates and top them with your Herta Frankfurter hearts.
* Use regular potatoes if purple potatoes aren't available
Each serving typically contains:
- 1436kJ / 343kcal or 17%
- 15.9g or 23%
- 5.4g or 27%
- 3.0g or 3%
- 0.80g or 13%
of an adult's Reference Intake (RI)*
* Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
- Movie Night