Moroccan Cous Cous
Moroccan Cous Cous made into a hearty meal with frankfurters...
- 2tsp Cumin seeds
- 2tsp Ground cinnamon
- 2tsp Chilli flakes or mild chilli powder
- 250g Cous cous
- 400ml Chicken or vegetable stock
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 350g pack HERTA® Frankfurters Classics, chopped
- 1tsp Olive oil
- 250g Pack dried apricots, chopped
- 85g Raisins
- 55g Toasted flaked almonds
- Handful freshly chopped coriander
- Toast the spices in a dry pan for a minute until aromatic.
- Mix with the cous cous in a bowl and pour over the hot stock.
- Leave to soak for 5 minutes then add 1tbsp olive oil and lemon juice and fork over to fluff up the cous cous.
- Quickly fry the frankfurters in a non-stick pan with 1tsp oil for 3-4 minutes until turning brown.
- Add to the cous cous with the remaining ingredients and serve.
- Tip This dish is a great picnic idea – you could also add some chickpeas and tomatoes for a more main course option.
Each serving typically contains:
- 2763kJ / 660kcal or 33%
- 9.8g or 11%
- 39.1g or 56%
- 34.3g or 172%
- 2.6g or 43%
of an adult's Reference Intake (RI)*
* Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
- Movie Night
- Fun parties