Get a taste of the city that never sleeps, without the long-haul flight.
Serves: Makes 4 big city bagels
- 1tbsp Oil
- 1 large onion
- 4 tbsps Sauerkraut
- 360g HERTA® Jumbo Frankfurter
- 4 x 2 tsps American Mustard
- 4 Plain Bagels
How to get your slice of the big apple
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the onions over a moderate heat until they turn golden brown.
- Grill or fry the frankfurters following the simple pack instructions.
- Split the bagels in half and lightly toast under the grill/in a toaster.
- Take the bottom half of the bagel and top with a lovely layer of sauerkraut.
- Diagonally slice the frankfurters into 5 or 6 pieces and place on top.
- Finally, add a few wiggly lines of American mustard and crispy onions, followed by the bagel tops and bada bing, bada boom!
- Enjoy your hot dog like a true New Yorker.
Each serving typically contains:
- 2198kJ / 525kcal or 26%
- 12.1g or 13%
- 24.4g or 36%
- 9.2g or 46%
- 2.58g or 43%
of an adult's Reference Intake (RI)*
* Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
- Fun parties
- Movie Night
- Easy Lunch