Red Pepper, Courgette and Frankfurter Pasta
A hotdog twist on a classic family favourite!
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Red pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 Courgettes, sliced
- 350g Pack HERTA® Frankfurters Classics, chopped
- 2 x 400g Cans chopped tomatoes
- 1tbsp Tomato purée
- Pinch sugar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 350g Farfalle pasta
- Small handful basil leaves
- Green salad, to serve (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large pan, add the garlic, peppers, courgettes and frankfurters and cook until golden brown.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato purée, sugar and black pepper.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and bubble away while the pasta cooks.
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan.
- Toss in the sauce, finish with the basil leaves and serve with a fresh green salad.
Each serving typically contains:
- 2391kJ / 571kcal or 29%
- 12.7g or 14%
- 27.3g or 39%
- 9.2g or 46%
- 2.0g or 33%
of an adult's Reference Intake (RI)*
* Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
- Fun parties