Rich Smokey Tomato Pasta
Rich smokey tomato pasta, the perfect winter warmer
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- 2 Fat cloves garlic, crushed
- 350g Pack HERTA® Frankfurters Classics, chopped
- 2 x 400g Cans chopped tomatoes
- 1tbsp Tomato purée
- Pinch sugar
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 350g Tagliatelle pasta
- 125g Ball half fat mozzarella cheese, drained and cut into bite sized pieces
- A few large sprigs flat leaf parsley
- Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the garlic and frankfurters and cook until golden brown.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato purée, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper.
- Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and bubble away while the pasta cooks.
- Cook the pasta according to pack instructions.
- Drain the pasta and return to the pan. Toss in the sauce along with the mozzarella.
- Finish with freshly chopped flat leaf parsley and serve with a fresh green salad.
Each serving typically contains:
- 2579kJ / 616kcal or 31%
- 10.8g or 12%
- 30.3g or 43%
- 11.3g or 57%
- 1.91g or 32%
of an adult's Reference Intake (RI)*
* Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
- Movie Night
- Fun parties