Herta root vegetable hash
Try something a bit different with this delicious dish!
- 1 Low salt vegetable stock cube
- 900g Diced root vegetables and potatoes such as swede, parsnip, carrots, sweet potato, white potatoes
- 1tbsp Thyme leaves
- ½ Savoy cabbage, shredded freshly ground pepper
- 350g Pack HERTA® Frankfurter Classics
- 25g Butter
- 1tbsp Olive oil
- Grilled tomatoes, to serve (optional)
- Peas,to serve (optional)
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil.
- Add the stock cube, the diced root vegetables and the thyme.
- Cook for about 15 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Add the cabbage and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Drain and gently crush the vegetables with a potato masher.
- Season with pepper.
- Preheat the grill and cook the frankfurters according to the pack grilling instructions.
- Cool slightly then slice.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the butter and oil.
- Add the mashed vegetables and fry over a high heat, stirring occasionally until turning golden brown.
- Add the frankfurters and serve with grilled tomatoes, and freshly cooked peas.
Each serving typically contains:
- 9.1g or 10%
- 20.8g or 30%
- 8.4g or 42%
- 2.0g or 34%
of an adult's Reference Intake (RI)*
* Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
- Fun parties
- Movie Night