Summery Pesto and Frankfurter Salad
Crisp salad and smokey Frankfurters go perfectly with the Pesto flavour!
- 150g Ciabatta bread, torn into small pieces (or ready made croutons)
- 350g Pack HERTA® Chicken Frankfurters, chopped
- 400g Green vegetables, such as peas, beans, soya beans, broccoli, asparagus spears
- 100ml Half fat crème fraîche
- 100g Reduced fat green pesto
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6.
- To make your own croutons: place the ciabatta pieces onto a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes until the croutons are light brown.
- Tip the Frankfurters onto another baking sheet and cook at the same time as the croutons (10-12 minutes) or until the Frankfurters are piping hot.
- Steam or simmer the vegetables until just tender, about 5 minutes, drain and rinse under cold water.
- Tumble the vegetables into a bowl and add the frankfurters and croutons.
- Mix together the pesto and crème fraîche and spoon over the salad.
- Toss gently together and serve immediately.
Each serving typically contains:
- 1947kJ / 465kcal or 23%
- 6.7g or 7%
- 27.1g or 39%
- 8.3g or 42%
- 1.2g or 20%
of an adult's Reference Intake (RI)*
* Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
- Fun parties
- Easy Lunch