Frankfurters Slugs and Eyeball Pasta
Score a cracker with this delicious Frankfurters pasta dish!
Serves: Makes enough for 6 to share
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 300ml Carnation Light Evaporated Milk
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 160g frozen peas
- 6 Herta Classic Frankfurters
- 450g pasta shapes
- Chop the Herta Classic frankfurters into 2cm pieces and dice the vegetables.
- Heat the oil, over a medium high heat, in a large non-stick frying pan; add the red onion and cook. When the onions have turned glassy and are beginning to brown, add the carrots and the Herta Classic Frankfurters, stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Pour over the Carnation Light Evaporated Milk and simmer for approximately 5 minutes, whilst stirring, until the sauce starts to thicken and becomes glossy. Add the peas and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta shapes according to the instructions on pack. Strain and mix through the Herta frankurter sauce, before serving.
Each serving typically contains:
- 2034 / 484 or 24%
- 12.3 or 14%
- 15.3 or 22%
- 5.5 or 28%
- 0.65 or 11%
of an adult's Reference Intake (RI)*
* Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
- Movie Night
- Fun parties