Lentil and frankfurter soup
Not just your average soup!
- 125g Yellow lentils
- 2 Large floury potatoes, chopped
- 350g Pack HERTA® Frankfurters Classics
- 1tbsp Sunflower oil
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped
- 2 Large carrots, chopped
- 2 Sticks celery, chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 Leek, sliced
- 1tbsp Rosemary leaves, optional
- 1tsp Sunflower oil
- Place the lentils in a large pan of boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Drain and return to the pan.
- Chop 7 frankfurters and fry in 1tbsp oil with the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, leek and rosemary until all the vegetables are soft (about 5-10 minutes).
- Add the mixture to the lentils then blend in a food processor, adding a few tablespoons of water to loosen the mixture.
- Pour the soup back into the large pan and add 500ml (17fl.oz) boiling water and simmer for a minute.
- Finely slice the remaining frankfurters and fry in 1tsp oil.
- Serve the soup with the fried frankfurters on the top.
Each serving typically contains:
- 2165kJ / 517kcal or 26%
- 9.1g or 10%
- 28.6g or 41%
- 9.5g or 48%
- 1.8g or 30%
of an adult's Reference Intake (RI)*
* Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
- Easy Lunch
- Fun parties