Pitta pockets, perfect for eating on the run...
- 8 HERTA® Frankfurter Classics
- 2tsp Olive oil
- 4 Wholemeal pitta breads
- ½ Cucumber, cut into thin slices
- 55g Feta, cut into cubes
- 4 Tomatoes, sliced
- Handful watercress or salad
- Fresh tomato salsa, to serve
- Slice the frankfurters on the diagonal and fry in the oil over a high heat for 3-4 minutes until browned.
- Set aside.
- Pop the pitta breads into a toaster.
- When they are golden brown, carefully remove them from the toaster and leave to cool before splitting them open – they will be really hot inside!
- Fill the pittas with the ingredients and serve with the salsa.
Each serving typically contains:
- 1901kJ / 454 kcal or 23%
- 4.8g or 5%
- 22.9g or 33%
- 9.2g or 46%
- 2.8g or 47%
of an adult's Reference Intake (RI)*
* Reference Intake of an average adult (8400kJ/2000kcal)
- Easy Lunch